Our commitment to comprehensive care for mental health disorders means that we are prepared to provide you with the type, level, duration, and intensity of services that will best meet your needs.
Learn more about psychiatric treatment at Longleaf Hospital in Alexandria, LA
The pain that is often associated with a psychiatric illness can send shockwaves through the lives of the countless individuals and families that it touches. These debilitating conditions can impair functioning in many ways and can make even the most mundane tasks of daily living seem impossible, and if left untreated, will only worsen over time.
This heartbreaking experience can be made all the more complex when an individual is suffering from multiple disorders at once. But these conditions do not occur in isolation, and when co-occurring disorders are present, a person will require care that reflects the full spectrum of concerns within his or her experience. Fortunately, there are treatment centers and hospitals that are uniquely equipped to guide these individuals toward recovery in a manner that acknowledges the fact that treating mental illness requires an individualized approach.
At Longleaf, our individualized treatment options are designed to address psychiatric illness in many forms, with supports designed to address:
- Bipolar disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Oppositional defiant disorder (ODD)
- Suicidal ideation
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Borderline personality disorder
- Intermittent explosive disorder
Many of the above-mentioned disorders can occur together, and an individual who is presenting with co-occurring disorders may need intensive care in order to achieve the stabilization necessary to progress to next steps in treatment. Because Longleaf’s treatment clinic offers a wide range of services, we welcome these individuals into the inpatient setting where their safety is our top priority. Our experienced team will then collaborate to support the individual as they work to achieve the clarity of mind and physical stamina needed to fully engage with all the supports available to them.
Longleaf Hospital's approach to mental health and psychiatric treatment
At Longleaf Hospital in Alexandria, Lousiana, we are aware that it is not uncommon for individuals to experience more than one mental health condition at the same time. So in order to achieve a sustained recovery, it is vital that all co-occurring disorders be addressed simultaneously, which is why our treatment center is based on a multi-faceted treatment model. Our dedicated staff is composed of doctors, nurses, psychologists, psychiatrists, therapists, and other support staff who have many years of experience helping children, adolescents, and adults recover from the symptoms of various disorders and go on to live happy, successful lives. Longleaf is proud to provide a high quality treatment clinic, effective medical and psychological care that is tailored to meet each individual’s needs.
Treatment planning at Longleaf’s mental health center reflects the unique strengths and challenges that each person in our care brings to the recovery journey. With a wide array of services to choose from, our comprehensive programming options reflect a full continuum of care for psychiatric concerns. Our hospital provides a healing atmosphere, free from the distractions of daily living so that our patients can fully devote themselves to working towards their goals for recovery, whatever they may be. Additionally, we offer developmentally appropriate services for all children and adolescents in our care which are designed to teach self-regulatory behaviors and coping skills in a scholastic environment. This experience will help young people seamlessly transition back to the school setting with the skills they need to help them learn and grow.
Treatments and therapies offered at Longleaf Hospital in Alexandria, LA
During their stay at Longleaf’s treatment center, all patients will have access to the latest in scientifically-backed treatment modalities, which will be delivered with an unwavering commitment to dignity and compassion. The following methodologies are some of the techniques we use to promote healing at Longleaf:
- A thorough evaluation to examine the patient’s medical and mental health history, current diagnosis, past treatment experiences, and presenting concerns. This evaluation is also designed to identify any substance use disorders that may be exacerbating one’s mental health condition.
- Inpatient services with 24/7 supervision to ensure safety when a patient is in crisis and poses a threat to him or herself or others
- A plan of care that takes into account each patient’s precise challenges and needs
- Individual therapy to process underlying issues that may become apparent in treatment
- Group therapy to gain support from others who are having similar experiences, and to learn cooperative behaviors and new ways of coping with stress
- Family therapy to help repair the important relationships that may have been impacted by one’s mental health condition
- Medication management to ensure that one’s health and well-being are monitored, allowing the patient to experience a continuity of care throughout treatment
Learn more about psychiatric treatment at Longleaf Hospital
As the person gains strength, he or she will then be able to make the most of his or her time at Longleaf in Alexandria, making great strides in the journey to overcome the symptoms of co-occurring mental health conditions. Psychiatric illness is a complicated condition, but our staff is here to help you and your loved ones navigate the treatment process with ease. If you or someone you care about could benefit from a multidisciplinary treatment center with a homelike setting, we hope that you will contact us at your earliest convenience to learn more.