Our approach to drug addiction treatment is tailored to meet our patients’ specific needs. Proudly serving Alexandria, Louisiana, we are the leading provider of substance abuse treatment for adults.
Learn more about drug addiction treatment at Longleaf Hospital in Alexandria, LA
When addiction professionals speak to the “cost of substance abuse,” they’re usually not talking about it in a monetary way. Substance abuse, addiction, and chemical dependency, whichever description you choose to describe the ongoing abuse of drugs and/or alcohol, can cost you your spouse, partner, children, friends, career, earning potential, and the ability to live a satisfying and prosperous life. Without effective treatment, you are destined to suffer insurmountable obstacles that can seem unavoidable at times, which can make you feel as if your life has spiraled out of your control. However, if you’re struggling with a substance abuse problem, you’re actually in full control of your future. You can participate in rehab services that can instill the confidence, coping mechanisms, and recovery skills you need to live your best life; a life uncompromised by drugs and/or alcohol.
At Longleaf Hospital, we want nothing more than for you to come to our center, complete our programming, and return to your life as the healthier and substance-free person we know that you can be. Our medically supervised detox services combined with our time-tested therapies have transformed the lives of countless others before you, and we are confident that we can assist you in reaching your own recovery goals as well. Therefore, if you’re interested in collaborating with a team of professionals who will work hard to get you to where you need to be physically and mentally, call Longleaf today. We look forward to the opportunity to help you make the changes needed to realize the sober life you deserve.
Helping a loved one get treatment for drug addiction
As someone close to an individual battling an addiction, you’re in a uniquely powerful position to make a positive impact on this person’s life. When an individual is grappling with an addiction to drugs and/or alcohol, it can be exceptionally difficult to not only overcome this sort of issue without help but also to know what to do and what steps to take to get the recovery process started. But, with your assistance and encouragement, you can be your friend or family member’s beacon of hope by doing the following:
- Learn about the substance that your loved one is abusing. Become more aware of the signs of intoxication, and learn the possible signs of overdose. By giving yourself this kind of education, you can intervene if your friend or family member needs prompt medical care as a result of his or her substance abuse.
- Recruit the help of other concerned loved ones to assist you. You don’t want to take on this endeavor alone. Furthermore, your loved one can benefit greatly from the backing of other people as well. What’s important to know, however, is that each person you collaborate with should be on the same page with the whole group, aiming for the same goal of getting your loved one into treatment.
- Have a conversation, either alone or with your loved one’s support network present, with your friend or family member. Speak to your concerns and the benefits of seeking treatment. You will want to prepare in advance for this conversation and come with an open and empathic mindset.
- Help your friend or family member research treatment options. With your loved one’s input, you can potentially find a program that addresses each one of your friend or family member’s needs so that he or she is able to get the most well-rounded care possible.
- Make sure that your loved one feels fully supported emotionally before, during, and after treatment is received. This can further his or her recovery process, prevent him or her from feeling isolated, and cause him or her to not resort to substance abuse because he or she feels alone.
- Offer to help pack, drive your loved one to his or her assessment, or take care of his or her responsibilities at home while he or she is gone. By taking these steps, you’re removing obstacles and sources of apprehension that may stand in your loved one’s way of getting rehab services.
As a final point, it’s very important that you tend to your own needs and health during this process. It can be easy to get lost in the midst of your friend or family member’s issues, so it’s crucial that you stay on top of your own well-being and stay healthy in order to be the best support possible during this crossroads in your loved one’s life.
Why consider treatment for drug addiction at Longleaf Hospital in Alexandria, LA
There’s no better time like the present to start the processing of winning the war against addiction. Continuing to abuse drugs and/or alcohol can fully ravage your life and make day-to-day functioning impossible if treatment is never received. Among the many effects that others in recovery have reported as things that have happened in their lives, financial ruin, social isolation, divorce, arrest, incarceration, loss of child custody, and homelessness are but a few of the outcomes that could await you if they haven’t happened already. Additionally, the abuse of any kind of substance places you at risk of an overdose, irreversible organ damage, total organ failure, and even death if substance abuse remains a prominent factor in your life. Your mental health is also bound to be negatively affected as well, as certain disorders can become worse or manifest as new issues for you if the abuse of drugs and alcohol continue to be your only focus each and every day. However, if you’ve hit your bottom and are prepared to say “no more” to substance abuse, you can take the first brave step towards a sober tomorrow. By partaking and fully engaging in an addiction treatment program, it’s possible to reclaim your life from substances of abuse. You can become well again.
Types of drug addiction treatment offered at Longleaf Hospital in Alexandria, LA
Situated in a peaceful setting in Alexandria, Louisiana, Longleaf Hospital is a premier provider of mental health treatment for children, adolescents, adults, and senior adults. Additionally, Longleaf Hospital offers state-of-the-art programming for adults, aged 18 and older, who are suffering from substance abuse concerns.
With the recognition that drug and alcohol abuse present individuals with a host of unique concerns, we, at Longleaf, deliver addiction-based treatment services in a separate unit within our clinic so that men and women can engage in a rehab program that is customized to meet their needs. Therefore, when individuals come to Longleaf battling a substance abuse problem, we can provide them with the well-rounded care needed to overcome the challenges they are facing.
At Longleaf Hospital, our mission stems from a desire to provide our patients with the most advanced level of care while simultaneously meeting each individual’s specific needs. In doing so, we strive to offer our patients the ability to achieve long-term success in reaching and exceeding their treatment goals.
Patients who come to us struggling with an addiction will have the opportunity to participate in a comprehensive therapeutic milieu that is designed to meet them where they’re at in their recovery journeys. In our acute inpatient rehab program, which is the highest level of care offered, various treatment modalities are implemented so as to provide men and women with customized care that best helps address their concerns. Examples of these various modalities include the following:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Rational emotive behavioral therapy (REBT)
- 12-Step programming
- Motivational enhancement therapy (MET)
Additionally, patients who receive treatment at Longleaf benefit from having access to medical care provided by doctors and nurse practitioners, safeguarding their overall physical wellbeing as they work to overcome their addictions. Furthermore, the following interventions may be woven into each patient’s individualized plan of care:
- Detoxification: Men and women who come to us with substances in their systems may need to receive detoxification services prior to fully emerging themselves in the therapeutic aspects of programming. Detoxification, or detox, at Longleaf is a medically assisted service that is overseen by a medical doctor and addictionologist, ensuring that all patients are kept safe and as comfortable as possible throughout the process.
- Medication management: For individuals who are suffering from certain mental health conditions in addition to a substance abuse problem, medications may be prescribed to alleviate the distress their symptoms cause. Any medications prescribed will be monitored by our medical doctors, pharmacists, nurse practitioners, and other members of our nursing staff.
- Individual therapy: We believe that individual therapy can be extremely beneficial for individuals who are struggling with an addiction. During individual therapy sessions, men and women can meet with a Master’s level social worker to process their challenges, work through their concerns, and celebrate their successes. Individual therapy is held daily during a patient’s time in our acute inpatient treatment program.
- Family therapy: At Longleaf, we recognize that substance abuse doesn’t just affect the person who is using the substance, but it can affect those closest to him or her as well. For this reason, we offer family therapy sessions twice a week at our clinic so that our patients’ family members can be an active part of their loved one’s recovery process, while also receiving support for themselves.
- Group therapy: Group therapy is another therapeutic support that has proven to be immensely helpful for individuals who are battling addictions to substances. Held daily during inpatient programming, patients benefit from coming together with other individuals who may be working to overcome similar challenges. In this setting, they can give and receive support to and from one another while discussing such topics as impulse control, anger management, and coping skills, among many others.
Longleaf Hospital is proud to support the men and women who serve in our nation’s military, as well as their family members. While participating in the programs and services that are listed on this page, service members and their families may also receive specialized support that addresses the unique challenges experienced by members of the military community. Our medical director, who is a retired Army colonel, works closely with all military members who heal at Longleaf to ensure that they receive the most appropriate and effective treatment during their time in our care.
Once an individual’s time in inpatient rehab comes to an end, it may be recommended that he or she step down to a lower level of care, such as that which is provided in our partial hospitalization program (PHP) or intensive outpatient program (IOP). These programming options are less intensive than inpatient treatment, but provide patients with the structured support necessary for truly overcoming their substance abuse problems. PHP and IOP may also be an ideal treatment option for patients whose needs do not necessitate the around-the-clock care offered in inpatient rehab.
The typical length of stay in PHP at Longleaf is 2 to 6 weeks, while time in IOP often spans between 8 and 12 weeks. It is important to note, however, that the actual length of time that a person spends in either program will be determined solely based on his or her specific needs.
Get more information about treatment for drug addiction
If you or someone close to you is struggling with an addiction and could benefit from all-inclusive care that is delivered in a fully supportive and encouraging environment, please do not hesitate to contact Longleaf Hospital in Alexandria, LA today. Our caring and compassionate team of intake counselors is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide you or your loved one with the guidance needed to take the first step towards recovery success.