Our approach to synthetic marijuana abuse treatment is tailored to meet our patients’ specific needs. Proudly serving Alexandria, Louisiana, we are the leading provider of substance abuse treatment for adults.
Learn more about synthetic marijuana abuse treatment at Longleaf Hospital in Alexandria, LA
If you’re struggling with the abuse of synthetic marijuana, then you may be feeling as if there’s no way to escape this type of substance abuse problem. However, because this drug is so dangerous, it’s important to consider all of the resources available to you so that you can prevent losing your life to this potentially lethal drug. Also known as K2, potpourri, or spice, synthetic marijuana is a man-made drug that has been ruining lives since gaining popularity over the last few years. This drug was originally marketed as being a safer alternative to what most people know marijuana to be. In actuality, it resembles anything but regular marijuana. Many individuals, perhaps even you, have experienced frightening episodes of psychosis, extreme detachment from the world around you, and a variety of other effects that have resulted in the need for hospitalization. But, you should know that life doesn’t have to be this way or include these harmful effects. You can partake in rehab services at a treatment center or addiction clinic and begin living a life that is free of synthetic marijuana.
Conveniently located in Alexandria, Louisiana, Longleaf Hospital is a leading provider of high-quality addiction treatment that has positively transformed the lives of countless men and women who have struggled with the abuse of synthetic marijuana. By electing to come to this center for care, you too can break free from the perilous grips of a synthetic marijuana addiction and form the confidence and skills that can support a sober lifestyle. With the support of a caring staff, as well as evidence-based detox and therapeutic treatment protocols, the deadly effects of abusing this illicit drug can be avoided as well. Call Longleaf today to achieve your recovery goals and begin your new life.
Helping a loved one get treatment for synthetic marijuana abuse
It can be exceptionally disheartening to bear witness to your loved one abusing synthetic marijuana. However, don’t let your fear or worry for this important person in your life prevent you from helping him or her access the rehab services that he or she so desperately needs right now. Replace your trepidation with motivation and make every effort to put the following steps into action:
- Learn about the signs of synthetic marijuana intoxication and overdose. You may need to reach out to emergency medical personnel on behalf of your loved one as a result of his or her synthetic marijuana abuse, so it’s crucial to know when your friend or family member is under the influence or experiencing a life-threatening overdose.
- Research the options for care that can help your loved one stop this dangerous form of substance abuse. Be open to the types of treatment available, though be sure to focus on the ones that offer specialized services for synthetic marijuana addiction.
- Consult with addiction experts in your area to learn how you should bring up the notion of seeking treatment with your friend or family member. These professionals can tell you what to say and how to say it so that you can successfully convince your loved one to get help.
- Plan to then have a conversation with your friend or family member. It is best to do this when he or she is not under the influence of synthetic marijuana, and be sure to do this either alone or with others who are just as concerned about his or her wellbeing.
- Show your treatment center findings to your loved one. Explain the options for care available and advise your loved one to call the centers that he or she likes to get more information about the services available.
- Once your loved one starts rehab services at a center or clinic, make sure that you are supportive and encouraging. Seeking treatment is a brave step to take and should be commended. Do your best to be positive and present for your friend or family member during this crossroad in his or her life.
Why consider treatment for synthetic marijuana abuse at Longleaf Hospital in Alexandria, LA
No good can come from continuing to abuse synthetic marijuana. If you have yet to experience detrimental effects from this sort of substance abuse, you could soon if you don’t seek professional help. Because you can’t ever be sure of what you’re consuming when you take a dose of synthetic marijuana, you’re especially susceptible for a variety of harmful outcomes. Your heart, lungs, and brain functioning can all experience immediate effects, as K2 can shut down vital organs and lead to organ failure. Additionally, you could get seriously hurt while under the influence of this drug. During episodes of spice-induced psychosis, people have been known to place themselves in harm’s way or engage in very risky behaviors because they aren’t cognizant of what they’re actually doing and are only responding to the outside world through the lens of their high. Given this fact, and the other dangers that come with abusing synthetic marijuana, it is best to begin a substance abuse program as soon as possible. You will be making a great decision for the betterment of your health and future.
Types of synthetic marijuana abuse treatment offered at Longleaf Hospital in Alexandria, LA
Situated in a peaceful setting in Alexandria, Louisiana, Longleaf Hospital is a premier provider of mental health treatment for children, adolescents, adults, and senior adults. Additionally, Longleaf Hospital offers state-of-the-art programming for adults, aged 18 and older, who are suffering from substance abuse concerns.
With the recognition that drug and alcohol abuse present individuals with a host of unique concerns, we, at Longleaf, deliver addiction-based treatment services in a separate unit within our clinic so that men and women can engage in a rehab program that is customized to meet their needs. Therefore, when individuals come to Longleaf battling an addiction to synthetic marijuana, we can provide them with the well-rounded care needed to overcome the challenges they are facing.
At Longleaf Hospital, our mission stems from a desire to provide our patients with the most advanced level of care while simultaneously meeting each individual’s specific needs. In doing so, we strive to offer our patients the ability to achieve long-term success in reaching and exceeding their treatment goals.
Patients who come to us struggling with an addiction to synthetic marijuana will have the opportunity to participate in a comprehensive therapeutic milieu that is designed to meet them where they’re at in their recovery journeys. In our acute inpatient rehab program, which is the highest level of care offered, various treatment modalities are implemented so as to provide men and women with customized care that best helps address their concerns. Examples of these various modalities include the following:
- Rational emotive behavioral therapy (REBT)
- Motivational enhancement therapy (MET)
- 12-Step programming
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
Additionally, patients who receive treatment at Longleaf benefit from having access to medical care provided by doctors and nurse practitioners, safeguarding their overall physical wellbeing as they work to overcome their synthetic marijuana addiction. Furthermore, the following interventions may be woven into each patient’s individualized plan of care:
- Detoxification: Men and women who come to us with synthetic marijuana or other types of substances in their systems may need to receive detoxification services prior to fully emerging themselves in the therapeutic aspects of programming. Detoxification, or detox, at Longleaf is a medically assisted service that is overseen by a medical doctor and addictionologist, ensuring that all patients are kept safe and as comfortable as possible throughout the process.
- Medication management: For individuals who are suffering from certain mental health conditions in addition to a synthetic marijuana abuse problem, medications may be prescribed to alleviate the distress their symptoms cause. Any medications prescribed will be monitored by our medical doctors, pharmacists, nurse practitioners, and other members of our nursing staff.
- Individual therapy: We believe that individual therapy can be extremely beneficial for individuals who are struggling with a synthetic marijuana addiction. During individual therapy sessions, men and women can meet with a Master’s level social worker to process their challenges, work through their concerns, and celebrate their successes. Individual therapy is held daily during a patient’s time in our acute inpatient treatment program.
- Family therapy: At Longleaf, we recognize that synthetic marijuana abuse doesn’t just affect the person who is using the substance, but it can affect those closest to him or her as well. For this reason, we offer family therapy sessions twice a week at our clinic so that our patients’ family members can be an active part of their loved one’s recovery process, while also receiving support for themselves.
- Group therapy: Group therapy is another therapeutic support that has proven to be immensely helpful for individuals who are battling addictions to synthetic marijuana or other types of substances. Held daily during inpatient programming, patients benefit from coming together with other individuals who may be working to overcome similar challenges. In this setting, they can give and receive support to and from one another while discussing such topics as impulse control, anger management, and coping skills, among many others.
Longleaf Hospital is proud to support the men and women who serve in our nation’s military, as well as their family members. While participating in the programs and services that are listed on this page, service members and their families may also receive specialized support that addresses the unique challenges experienced by members of the military community. Our medical director, who is a retired Army colonel, works closely with all military members who heal at Longleaf to ensure that they receive the most appropriate and effective treatment during their time in our care.
Once an individual’s time in inpatient rehab comes to an end, it may be recommended that he or she step down to a lower level of care, such as that which is provided in our partial hospitalization program (PHP) or intensive outpatient program (IOP). These programming options are less intensive than inpatient treatment, but provide patients with the structured support necessary for truly overcoming their addictions to synthetic marijuana. PHP and IOP may also be an ideal treatment option for patients whose needs do not necessitate the around-the-clock care offered in inpatient rehab.
The typical length of stay in PHP at Longleaf is 2 to 6 weeks, while time in IOP often spans between 8 and 12 weeks. It is important to note, however, that the actual length of time that a person spends in either program will be determined solely based on his or her specific needs.
Get more information about treatment for synthetic marijuana
If you or someone close to you is struggling with an addiction to synthetic marijuana and could benefit from all-inclusive care that is delivered in a fully supportive and encouraging environment, please do not hesitate to contact Longleaf Hospital in Alexandria, LA today. Our caring and compassionate team of intake counselors is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide you or your loved one with the guidance needed to take the first step towards recovery success.