Our approach to marijuana abuse treatment is tailored to meet our patients’ specific needs. Proudly serving Alexandria, Louisiana, we are the leading provider of substance abuse treatment for adults.
Learn More About Marijuana Abuse Treatment
Learn more about marijuana abuse treatment at Longleaf Hospital in Alexandria, LA
When smoked, brewed in a tea and consumed, inhaled as a vapor, or eaten when mixed with food, marijuana induces a relaxing and mood-altering high that’s pleasing to many. Some believe that this drug is beneficial for the treatment of certain medical conditions or that it’s completely safe because it’s naturally made, but the regular abuse of this substance serves no medical advantage nor is it safe to ingest day in and day out.
No matter what led you to initially abuse marijuana, if you’re frequently consuming this drug and can’t go about your day without using it, you’ve probably noticed that certain negative issues have happened in your life. Furthermore, you may also have formed a dependence on marijuana and could benefit from engaging in rehab services. Whether at a treatment center or addiction clinic, professional services can help you understand why you’re so compelled to abuse marijuana and offer you the skills needed to avoid using this drug regularly in the future.
When you choose to come to Longleaf Hospital in Alexandria, Louisiana, you’re making a life-changing decision that can positively affect the rest of your days. This treatment center supplies the much-needed rehab services that can truly free you from the abuse of marijuana and other substances of abuse so that you can embark on a future that is not compromised by addiction.
The dedicated professionals who work alongside you are deeply committed to helping you reach and exceed your treatment goals, and the interventions available to you can assist you developing a greater understanding of yourself and your marijuana abuse problem better. If you’re ready to take the first step towards your sober life, call Longleaf today. You won’t regret it.
How to Help a Loved One
Helping a loved one get treatment for marijuana abuse
If may be difficult for you to comprehend why your friend or family member abuses marijuana. You may view this sort of substance abuse problem as unnecessary and assume that it’s easy to stop, though your loved one probably disagrees and may continue to allow marijuana abuse to dictate much of his or her life. However, if you want to help your friend or family member defeat this problem, it may be helpful to take action and do the following:
- Change your approach when speaking to your loved one about his or her marijuana abuse problem. Attempt to be compassionate, empathic, and understanding as there’s likely more to your loved one’s substance use than you may know. Also, be open to hearing what he or she has to say about this issue.
- Research programs that are equipped to treat a marijuana addiction. Be sure to gather as much information as possible and be sure to consider options for care that are comprehensive.
- Speak to your friend or family member about treatment. Share your findings with him or her and present the pros of getting help.
- Seek what you can do to make the transition into treatment as easy as you can. Oftentimes, there are certain reservations or barriers that can deter people from engaging in a rehab program at a treatment center or addiction clinic. Therefore, by working to eliminate such obstacles, your loved one may be more inclined to get help.
- Be sure to communicate how you’re planning on supporting your loved one before, during, and after receiving services. Your backing is going to be important to your friend or family member and it may help with the recovery process if he or she knows you’ll be present the whole time.
- See if it’ll help if you’re part of family sessions while your loved one is in treatment. If you do attend these sessions, still try to be compassionate yet honest as you work on healing together.
- Ask your loved one about the recovery skills he or she is using so that you can reinforce their use when your friend or family member returns home.
By following through on the aforementioned suggestions, this important person in your life may be more adept at defeating his or her marijuana abuse problem.
Why Consider Treatment
Why consider treatment for marijuana abuse at Longleaf Hospital in Alexandria, LA
Even though marijuana isn’t as dangerous as more potent drugs like heroin, meth, or cocaine, the abuse of this substance rarely happens without consequences occurring. For some, and perhaps you, the abuse of marijuana occurs because the symptoms of a mental disorder are present and this drug appears to alleviate this sort of issue when it’s consumed. The truth, however, is that this drug may make any mental illness symptoms present worse or trigger the onset of new illnesses. Additionally, your lungs are bound to be adversely affected by marijuana abuse, and other organs and organ systems may become hindered in some capacity as well.
Interaction with the legal system may also happen if you’re caught buying or using this substance, and you may be unable to successfully get or keep a job if a company’s policy is that employees are to be drug-free. With this possible issue, you may then be unable to provide for yourself financially and experience more problems as a result. Given the possible risks that are associated with the abuse of marijuana, it’s for your own good and the benefit of your future that you get help as soon as you’re able.
If you partake in rehab services at an addiction clinic or treatment center, you can begin achieving your life’s ambitions without the detriments that come with a marijuana abuse problem.
Types of Treatment
Types of marijuana abuse treatment offered at Longleaf Hospital in Alexandria, LA
Situated in a peaceful setting in Alexandria, Louisiana, Longleaf Hospital is a premier provider of mental health treatment for children, adolescents, adults, and senior adults. Additionally, Longleaf Hospital offers state-of-the-art programming for adults, aged 18 and older, who are suffering from substance abuse concerns.
With the recognition that drug and alcohol abuse present individuals with a host of unique concerns, we, at Longleaf, deliver addiction-based treatment services in a separate unit within our clinic so that men and women can engage in a rehab program that is customized to meet their needs. Therefore, when individuals come to Longleaf battling an addiction to marijuana, we can provide them with the well-rounded care needed to overcome the challenges they are facing.
At Longleaf Hospital, our mission stems from a desire to provide our patients with the most advanced level of care while simultaneously meeting each individual’s specific needs. In doing so, we strive to offer our patients the ability to achieve long-term success in reaching and exceeding their treatment goals.
Patients who come to us struggling with an addiction to marijuana will have the opportunity to participate in a comprehensive therapeutic milieu that is designed to meet them where they’re at in their recovery journeys. In our acute inpatient rehab program, which is the highest level of care offered, various treatment modalities are implemented so as to provide men and women with customized care that best helps address their concerns. Examples of these various modalities include the following:
- Rational emotive behavioral therapy (REBT)
- Motivational enhancement therapy (MET)
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- 12-Step programming
Additionally, patients who receive treatment at Longleaf benefit from having access to medical care provided by doctors and nurse practitioners, safeguarding their overall physical wellbeing as they work to overcome their marijuana addiction. Furthermore, the following interventions may be woven into each patient’s individualized plan of care:
- Detoxification: Men and women who come to us with marijuana or other types of substances in their systems may need to receive detoxification services prior to fully emerging themselves in the therapeutic aspects of programming. Detoxification, or detox, at Longleaf is a medically assisted service that is overseen by a medical doctor and addictionologist, ensuring that all patients are kept safe and as comfortable as possible throughout the process.
- Medication management: For individuals who are suffering from certain mental health conditions in addition to a marijuana abuse problem, medications may be prescribed to alleviate the distress their symptoms cause. Any medications prescribed will be monitored by our medical doctors, pharmacists, nurse practitioners, and other members of our nursing staff.
- Individual therapy: We believe that individual therapy can be extremely beneficial for individuals who are struggling with a marijuana addiction. During individual therapy sessions, men and women can meet with a Master’s level social worker to process their challenges, work through their concerns, and celebrate their successes. Individual therapy is held daily during a patient’s time in our acute inpatient treatment program.
- Family therapy: At Longleaf, we recognize that marijuana abuse doesn’t just affect the person who is using the substance, but it can affect those closest to him or her as well. For this reason, we offer family therapy sessions twice a week at our clinic so that our patients’ family members can be an active part of their loved one’s recovery process, while also receiving support for themselves.
- Group therapy: Group therapy is another therapeutic support that has proven to be immensely helpful for individuals who are battling addictions to marijuana or other types of substances. Held daily during inpatient programming, patients benefit from coming together with other individuals who may be working to overcome similar challenges. In this setting, they can give and receive support to and from one another while discussing such topics as impulse control, anger management, and coping skills, among many others.
Longleaf Hospital is proud to support the men and women who serve in our nation’s military, as well as their family members. While participating in the programs and services that are listed on this page, service members and their families may also receive specialized support that addresses the unique challenges experienced by members of the military community. Our medical director, who is a retired Army colonel, works closely with all military members who heal at Longleaf to ensure that they receive the most appropriate and effective treatment during their time in our care.
Once an individual’s time in inpatient rehab comes to an end, it may be recommended that he or she step down to a lower level of care, such as that which is provided in our partial hospitalization program (PHP) or intensive outpatient program (IOP). These programming options are less intensive than inpatient treatment, but provide patients with the structured support necessary for truly overcoming their addictions to marijuana. PHP and IOP may also be an ideal treatment option for patients whose needs do not necessitate the around-the-clock care offered in inpatient rehab.
The typical length of stay in PHP at Longleaf is 2 to 6 weeks, while time in IOP often spans between 8 and 12 weeks. It is important to note, however, that the actual length of time that a person spends in either program will be determined solely based on his or her specific needs.
Learn More Today
Get more information about treatment for marijuana abuse
If you or someone close to you is struggling with an addiction to marijuana and could benefit from all-inclusive care that is delivered in a fully supportive and encouraging environment, please do not hesitate to contact Longleaf Hospital in Alexandria, LA today. Our caring and compassionate team of intake counselors is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide you or your loved one with the guidance needed to take the first step towards recovery success.